Saturday, January 15, 2011

painting the family room!

This is my family room. I decided today is the day to add color to this drab, boring room!

















Here I am working *hard*! I didn't realize that is was going to be so much fun painting! I didn't enjoy the whole taping process, but once the paint was on the rollers and brushes, and the music was turned up, it was a blast!



It was fun getting my brother and his wife in on the action of painting. It was a family bonding experience. Well... I thought so anyway!


And here is the finished walls! I think they look FABULOUS, if I do say so myself! I still have a bit of work to do, putting up the pictures and curtains (I guess i'd better go get some curtain rods-that would be helpful!)



But truthfully, I'm really happy with the outcome and I think more paint in this room will be GREAT! But it'll have to wait for another couple days without the kiddos... next weekend maybe?





2 comments:

Merrilee said...

It looks good! I should have come in to look yesterday. I love the color!

Melanie said...

So...I'm catching up on reading your blog...I'm totally behind...

I LOVE it!! And I just realized how long it has been since I've been to your home! I want to come see...

Boys 2009

Boys 2009
aren't these boys adorable!

Big Boy!

Big Boy!
He's 4 years old!