I don't particularly feel like tooting my own horn. However, since it's asked for, I guess I can let you know what others compliment me on, I guess.
At least this is something I enjoy, and have actually put some time and energy into. People seem to compliment me most on my singing voice.
Now I do remember a time, as a child, when I thought I had the best voice ever, and I wanted to share it with everyone... don't hide your talents under a bushel... and all that crap. But I also learned later that I'm not as good as I thought I was. In high school, I was a big fish in a little pond; with my graduating class of 105 {the biggest to that point} there wasn't a lot of competition in the vocal arena. Once I went to the *big* school {Utah State University} I soon realized that I had to put A LOT of work into my vocals if I was going to do anything more than sing in church and to my children. I ultimately chose to go another route [I was a music major for my first year in college and now I have a degree in Geology] and I really am happy with my choice. So that's what I do, I sing in church and to my children. I've contemplated giving it a go at the community musicals, but my time constraints are not allowing such an adventure at this point in my life. All that said, I really do enjoy getting those compliments.
something people seem to never compliment you on...
So this almost could go for the tooting my own horn but other's just don't see it, or it could go I don't get compliments on this because I am horrible at it.
I definitely don't get compliments on how well I watch television, because I really am good at that!
Or on how long it can take me to get a load of laundry cleaned, dried, folded and put away, I haven't actually clocked it, but I'm thinking somewhere around a week might be close to my longest.
Or on how many craft projects I can have going at one time, and never actually finish one.
Or on how dirty I can let my house get before I actually do something about it. seriously bad.
Or on how much I really LOVE my children. really.
Or on how many times I can check facebook, blogs, and my email in one day. I hate to admit how poorly I use my time.
Or on how I held my tongue and didn't yell at my boys when they were really annoying me.
Or on how I was able to do my business, move my family across 4 states, and stay sane, all by myself.
Or on how I am finally learning how to text. and it doesn't take me 10 minutes to send one sentence.
Or on how I've managed to stay focused on my boys and what is best for them amidst the turmoil and stress surrounding me.
Or on how I can let my kids watch tv all day and not be phased when they ask for more tv.
Or on how I manage to pay all of my bills each month even though right now I have absolutely no income.
Or on how I can put away a box of Oreo Cookies. sorry to admit it, but within an hour or two. easy.
I don't seem to get compliments on any of those, I don't really expect to receive compliments on all of them, and some I definitely don't diserve compliments. For just a couple of those, my own acknowldegement of them is enough for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment