Something you hope to do in your life...
Well, I definitely have a list of goals, activities I really want to accomplish. I turned 30 last year {actually it's coming up on 2 years ago pretty darn quick!} and I came up with a list of *things* I want to do while in my 30 {somethings}. Some {ok one} I accomplished within the first year: completing a sprint triathlon {see prior post in 2009}. Others are coming along and will be completed before 2019.
Here they are: rock climb-in the mountains {none of that whimpy indoor climbing gym crap, but actual on the rock surface, exposed to the elements, with my hand lense identifying the rock type, rock climbing!}, surf {this could actually be an easy fix, my favorite {blood line} sis. lives in good 'ole southern cal and apparently knows how to surf!}, kayak in a river {I've already done the sea kayak at Lake Powell *which by the way was fantastic* but here I want the river kayak, know how to roll, map out the route, on the rough water, river kayak}, travel {here it comes...} to Hawaii {would have never guessed that, right?} and to Europe {I have already been to europe so some would ask why I want to go back, which I would ask in return, *never been ,huh?*}, and run {yes I did say r.u.n.} a 5k {done it, I would love to go faster than whatever a 20 min mile pace would be... ok so I exaggerate my actual time but it was S.L.O.W. sssslllloooowwwww!}, a 10k {this one I have actually never tried, and it kinda scares me} and lastly a 1/2 marathon {didn't see that one coming did you, if a 10k scares me then what..., but I've actually completed 2 -1/2 marathons (which I think should count as a marathon because that's as close as I will EVER get to a full marathon [you crazy lunatics]) and although it is really tough it was also great}. Another *thing* I wasn't sure would actually get completed in that 10 year time frame, but I still want to share, is: get my pilot license {a dream I have had for like forever, and of course I have to get an air plane too}.
Something you hope never to have to do...
Move {ok, so this is more of a joke, I would love to get a nicer house at some point in the future, but as I have moved to Washington and then back to Utah within 6 months of each other, I really, really, really, really, really don't want to move again for a Very, Very, Very, Very, Very, Very long time!}
At first when I saw this post I thought I would never want to fight a grizzly bear, or fall off a cliff, or get eaten by a mountain lion, or move {lol}. I feel those are all very valid, but maybe not the same caliber of truth as the {30 days of truth} is trying to get at. I have read other blogs, also doing this truth thing, and I'm on the same line of thought with losing a child being the most horrible possible experience. But maybe I'm just a little more masochistic than others, or maybe just more morbid because I hope never to have to make *Sophie's choice*. Honestly I can't see why I would ever be in such a position to have to chose which child should live while the other doesn't, but I can't imagine the heartache and turmoil such a decision would create.
However there are decisions we make that actually do have such a large impact on the lives of our children, that they could actually be that significant. Even something as *insignificant* as puting a child into a carseat. As I've heard something like 80% or 90% of carseats are installed incorrectly. Are you among the 10% that has it right, or the 90% that doesn't? And have you not made that choice, even subconciously or unconciously, by chosing not to have the carseat checked by a professional? I can admit that I am a bit of a carseat freak and I am very vigilent in caring for my children's carseat safety. I never want to feel the pain of a lost child, but even more so I NEVER want to feel that pain and know there was something I could have done to avoid that tragedy.
No comments:
Post a Comment