Monday, January 10, 2011

30 days of truth {day 1}

Something you dislike about yourself...

Honestly this is something I try to avoid thinking about. I just get myself all depressed and anxious when I go down this road. I think I'll be ok, though, because I'm more afraid of tomorrows day of truth!

The first THING I DISLIKE is related to my well rounded body issues (pun intended). I try the whole, think about what your body has done for you ie birthing babies, carries my spirit, etc. Unfortunately, that doesn't make up for the number on the scale that keeps rising or the dress (really pant) size that is becoming Asteronomical! I will say, that I am grateful for my body, I just wish it would listen to my head instead of my emotions {and defy physics} while I am comsuming a monstrous amount of calories.

The next THING I DISLIKE is my current life situation. I'm practically (I'm not going to explain this one) a single mom with no job, a house payment, and 2 children to care for. I'm doing as much as I can to aleviate this dilema, however BECAUSE of the situation I'm also battling depression.

Another THING I DISLIKE is my inability to keep my house clean. Yes, I did say that I'm battling depression, so that is part of my problem. However, this has been a consistent issue since I have lived on my own {over 12 years}. I walk into other people's homes and they have everything in it's correct place, clean, de-cluttered, and usually just cute too! I will say that I generally give people warning of my arrival, so they can put their homes in order, but it would take me WAY longer than the 30 - 60 minutes forwarning to get my house looking so nice.

The final THING I DISLIKE {that I'm sharing} is my fear of other peoples judgements. I tell myself I don't care what other people think, but there are times where that is all I worry about. What do they think about my clothes, my hair, my weight, my children's behavior, my house, or my family. What's worse is I do look at others and make a judgement. That's something I DISLIKE more about myself than others judging me. I really do try to keep an open mind, and I'm able to most of the time, but sometimes I fall into old thought patterns.

Well, that wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, and I'm not even depressed or anxious... yet anyway!

3 comments:

the Lola Letters said...

Sooo hear you on so many of these, especially that last one.

WHY DO WE CARE!!?
WHY CAN'T WE STOP CARING?!!

It's the worst.

the Lola Letters said...

I'm loving this, by the way.
Glad you are participating!

Stacy said...

I'm hear to tell you it is all about perception. Like you might think my house is clean and cute while I'm stressing out about how dirty and ugly it is. You know what I mean. Like when you think you kids are super loud at church and nobody else notices them. I wish we could see ourselves through other peoples eyes. I think most of the time they are way nicer to us then we are.

Boys 2009

Boys 2009
aren't these boys adorable!

Big Boy!

Big Boy!
He's 4 years old!