Tuesday, February 1, 2011

30 days of truth {day 18}

your views on gay marriage...

Ok, so this is a very touch subject, as we all know, which is probably why it was chosen to be on {the list}.

I have a feeling most of my readers {or atleast readers who know me} think you know what I'm going to say. I may surprise you, my views on gay marriage have been inplace since I was in my undergrad at USU and wrote a controvercial paper in favor of gay marriage {which by the way I think most of my class mates assumed I was a lesbian because of my stance}.

The rights of every human being is to be happy. Is it my place to tell you what happiness should look like? Is it my place to impose my beliefs on others? I don't believe that is my place.

There are several arguments that can be posed here, and this is my blog so I'm going to argue what I want to argue and I'm going to ignore what I want to ignore. Does that mean I don't have an answer? maybe. Or maybe it means that just because you want to argue with me doesn't mean I want to engage.

Nature vs Nuture. I have talked with lots* of people about this. *lots being a few I see how you can believe it's nuture, because you want to believe it. There could be some instances where it is a choice, and I've talked with a few people who wanted to make that choice {what's funny is that person didn't actually *make* that choice, just wanted to because she was *done* with men.} Others I have talked with feel offened that who they are is under attack. Why would they chose to be outcast by society, why would they chose to be austricized by their families, why would they chose not be be allowed {or have others attempt to not allow} to be happy? I honestly believe that everyone is born as their own unique person, and being gay is apart of that set of unique attributes.

The Family is under attack. Ok, here some of my LDS friends are going to want me outed. I'm sorry, but I really don't believe that the family is under attack, not because a gay couple wants to get married, anyway. Opponents of the family include, but are not limited to: abuse- physical, mental, sexual, emotional, pornography {or addiction to pornography}, addiction to {or abuse of} drugs and alcohol, adultry, lies and deceipt, to name a few.

Ultimately, my thought is, as a person, everyone DISERVES certain rights. Every human being diserves to have love and to be able to share that love. That's my reasoning, as human beings we should all have rights. period.

No comments:

Boys 2009

Boys 2009
aren't these boys adorable!

Big Boy!

Big Boy!
He's 4 years old!