Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bob-a-loo's special birthday present

I started making this birthday present last year... yeah it didn't get finished very quickly. I finally decided that if I was ever going to give it to Bob-a-loo, I'd have to do it this year.

I decided to tie this quilt/blanket. I wanted it to be REALLY warm, so it's comprised of very soft fleece on top, quilt batting in the middle and extra soft furry fabric for the back. I really think this would keep my little guy warm even if we are winter camping, and this is all he has to snuggle under. Does it NEED to be that warm, well when I started making it {remember, last year} we kept our house VERY cold at night and I did worry about him staying warm. I just think it is so cute! And it is VERY VERY VERY soft! I'll be happy to snuggle under this warm softy blanket with my little guy.

Bob-a-loo seems to like it. He wanted to sleep with it, and didn't want his other blanket on top. He was probably already too warm, so didn't want to be sweating by morning.
It was such a fun project to make. I'm glad I finally finished it and Bob-a-loo can enjoy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I tested the level of warmth today. It was FREEZING when we went to pick up Monkey from school. Bob-a-loo was in the stroller, but didn't want his coat on, just the new blanket. I tried to stop him, but NOOOO he wouldn't listen. It was cold and WINDY! I was freezing in my coat, hat and gloves. When we got home, he was asleep and WARM. Yes, that thick banket kept him warm despite the frigid wind (and some snow too).

Boys 2009

Boys 2009
aren't these boys adorable!

Big Boy!

Big Boy!
He's 4 years old!