what do you think of religion...
My religion of choice is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
For me, having a set of guidelines to follow is comforting. I chose to follow these guidelines and I am a good person, friend, neighbor, sister, mother, daughter. What I'm getting at, is these guidelines help me be a better person, keep me from doing *dumb* stuff that could hurt myself or others {I'm not saying I don't do *dumb* stuff, just that I could be doing *dumb*-er stuff}.
My religion has also been a great comfort to me while I have been going through a huge trial in my life. I have felt peace, comfort, love, calm, peace {I know I already said this one, but it needs to be repeated atleast 5 more times, that might get close to showing how much peace I have felt lately}, confidence, and joy.
I chose to use my religion to help guide me through this life. I love that I can be guided, and that I believe there is more to come after this life is finished. I will add that I do not follow blindly, I have a choice, I make my choice. There are some issues {see previous days of truth post} I do not completely agree with, and I'm ok with that choice. But I am grateful to have my religion, my guidelines, and my Savior by my side as I struggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment