Scofield Sprint Triathlon
750 meter swim, 12 mile bike, 5 km run
completed 2:07:15
The bike was actually pretty good. The only really big hill was right out of transition, I ran up it with the bike, like everyone else! That's why this picture is with me walking the bike, that's what I did the first 100 feet. T1 was really smooth, I shaved atleast 30 seconds off the last Tri.
T2 was also pretty smooth; of with the bike shoes, on with the running shoes, hat, gu, drink, and run! Too bad the run wasn't that smooth. I did, however, run most of it. I only walked like 3 or 4 times. I also had to stop to fix my shoe, I was getting a blister and half of my foot was asleep. I still couldn't pick up the pace, I was really, really slow!
The best part was Monkey waiting to run across the finish line with me! He was so sweet! He held my hand and ran as fast as he could with me to finish! I got myself a medal and a water bottle! It was fabulous!
I'm hooked! I LOVE triathlons! Who knew pushing yourself beyond measure would be fun! I guess I'm a glutten for punishment. I'll be happy to share my pain with all who want to join me, it's fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment