Well, today was quite a day!
Here's the list of what I accomplished:
Registered my van (actually got the temp plates because I still have work to do to pass safety and emissions)
Renewed my drivers license
Reinstated my phone (I forgot to pay and it got turned off Friday)
Made it to 2 doctor appointments
Turned in paperwork within minutes of the deadline
I feel like I did something today!
I'm exhausted!
I actually got it all done!
Lucky for me, I brought my boys to only a few of these errands. I have some awesome friends who really have supported me and helped me out! {thanks the heavens all my friends have stepped up and supported me, I've seriously needed you, and I'm probably going to need more... so stand ready!}
So I learned a lesson today! At the first DMV (the one for the vehicle registration) my Bob-a-loo was running around like a wild child. I gave him SEVERAL warnings about staying with me or he won't get his special treat. Guess what, he didn't stay with me. The crazy part, I actually stuck to my guns and denied him his treat. The BEST part... when we went to the next DMV (the one for the drivers license) he was SO GOOD and kept asking if he was being good enough to get his treat this time. I'm going to have to remember this, if I actually follow through with consequences, they will learn! Amazing!
I learned another lesson, too. Just do it! {thanks nike for that slogan, it comes in handy a lot of the time!} I REALLY didn't want to do my dumb paperwork. I HAD to get it done today by 6 or the consequences were really nasty. I still put it off. Then, my computer was being horrible and so slow that the 2 things I needed to print off almost didn't get printed off. Then I had to scurry on over to fax said dumb paperwork out. It was such a hassle! I didn't want to do it! BUT I did it, it's done, and all will be right in the world today. My mom told me to leave out the emotion and just get it done. I wish I had followed her advice. I will next time. really! Why make it harder than it has to be? seriously! {a lesson I apparently still need to learn}
So, my crazy busy day is over! {hooray} Even though it was tough, and frusterating, I'm grateful for today. I have accomplished something that felt hard. I am stronger than I think. {remind me this the next time I have a day like today!}
3 comments:
You are stronger than you know, my dear! I think you are fabulous! Love you my friend.
I really like your mom's advice to leave emotion out of it and get it done. I need to remember that for aspects of my job (or, for that matter, motherhood, wife-hood, etc.).
I agree with Denise--you ARE stronger than you know! We love you!
Next time you are in need I have a fax. :) I might not be able to help with kids but I can provide a fax machine.
Post a Comment