well, we planted our garden this last weekend! We have all the likely candidates: tomatoes, chilis, onion, spinach, broccoli, corn, zucchini, and yellow squash. This year we added some new items, and I'm really excited about them: spaghetti squash, lettuce, basil (oh yeah!!!!), green peppers, cantaloupe, watermelon, and pumpkin!
Monkey LOVED helping us plant the seeds. He was given the seeds and a stick broken to the length the seeds were to be separated by and he just went to town. We dup a long hole for him and he was working like a worker bee. He asked if we can plant seeds everyday. I told him he can help weed and harvest! Oddly that sounds good to him, we'll see after the summer is over how much he likes the garden. I'm just hoping this will help him WANT to eat his veggies.
bob-a-loo we're juts trying to keep out of the garden, all he wants to do is dig, dig and dig some more! Good thing we have a sand box, if only I could keep him in it!
1 comment:
So cute! How fun!! I need to get started on our garden still! Sounds like you guys are having a blast up there!
Post a Comment