Well, I am very excited to share that I just completed my very first triathlon! It was SO FUN to do it with my Dad!
Don't I just look FABULOUS in my wetsuit!?!
The swim was my favorite! Yes, I still had a small freak out, it's WIERD swimming with goggles in a lake (you see green stuff floating by)! So I did a lot of breast stroke, my time was still around 15minutes!
That wetsuit even looks better when I'm wet!
I have a fabulous friend that let me borrow her bike (Thanks Nadine!) It made a huge difference in the bike portion! For instance, this bike has clips (your feet are attached to the peddles), which is great untill I came to a really steep hill and I couldn't down shift fast enough. I know you know what happened and yes it did, I just fell right over. The bike stopped moving and I hit my side. It was quite embarassing! I walked the rest of the hill and then continued my ride. We did 2 loops and the second time up the hill, I made it! Oddly enough I CAN learn from my mistakes!

Have you ever tried to run after you bike hard...it's horrible! I could hardly move. And actually, I mostly walked. I tried to run, but I was TIRED and my legs felt like wet noodles. Yes, I will be working on the running part a little bit more before the next one,but this time, I was toast!

The swim was my favorite! Yes, I still had a small freak out, it's WIERD swimming with goggles in a lake (you see green stuff floating by)! So I did a lot of breast stroke, my time was still around 15minutes!
I have a fabulous friend that let me borrow her bike (Thanks Nadine!) It made a huge difference in the bike portion! For instance, this bike has clips (your feet are attached to the peddles), which is great untill I came to a really steep hill and I couldn't down shift fast enough. I know you know what happened and yes it did, I just fell right over. The bike stopped moving and I hit my side. It was quite embarassing! I walked the rest of the hill and then continued my ride. We did 2 loops and the second time up the hill, I made it! Oddly enough I CAN learn from my mistakes!
Have you ever tried to run after you bike hard...it's horrible! I could hardly move. And actually, I mostly walked. I tried to run, but I was TIRED and my legs felt like wet noodles. Yes, I will be working on the running part a little bit more before the next one,but this time, I was toast!
Yes, you read (heard) me right, I do believe I will be doing more tirathlons! It was a BLAST! Even with falling on the bike and walking the run, I had a great time. Anyone want to join me?!
4 comments:
I totally want to join you! Next summer!
Well, I think I may have to take you up on that...I just have to squeeze it in amongst everything else going on. I am so proud of you! Love you!
I have been catching up and have enjoyed your posts! I am so proud of you for your triathlon! I was going to do my first 5k in August but found our I'll be out of town. Triathlon...probably not but I am still going to work toward the 5k goal one day!
Way to go, Sweetie! That is quite an accomplishment. Keep up the great goals! Love ya!
Post a Comment